Friday, November 7, 2008

Super Sperm at Work

Well, the IUI was this morning and all went well. I'm always a bit surprised at how quickly the doctor is in and out of my hoo-ha. Mark went in at 8:30 to provide the specimen and then went to work for a meeting he couldn't avoid. I hung out at the hospital catching up on my reading (Us Weekly and In Touch) waiting for my appointment at 9:30. I picked up Mark's junk-- in a styrofoam cup, by the way and headed down the hall to my doctor.

Mark got there right after the insemination was done, so we hung out for the 10 minutes necessary before leaving the facility. The doctor was looking for 5-10 million little swimmers, but we got close to 40! Dr. Kaufmann went on and on about how good Mark did. I wasn't sure his head would fit through the door when we tried to leave.

So, that's it for now. I start the Prometrium on Sunday night and will take that through most of the first trimester if knocked up. Exciting stuff. We go back for a blood test if I don't start my period in 14 days. Luckily/unfortunately for us, we'll be out of town at that time, so we must wait until the following Monday to schedule an appointment. By that time, I'll have a period or I won't....

Prayers, bfp dust and encouragement glady accepted.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Molly, I am SO excited that the IUI went well and will be praying like crazy that this is it for you guys. Come on super sperm, find that egg :)

Kristin (kekis) said...

Sounds very promising! I'll do the prayers, bfp dust, encouragement & throw in a little Super Sperm dance as well! GL . . .

♥Tara said...

BFP dust sweetie!!!