Monday, July 27, 2009

NO progress...

I'm really starting to get frustrated with this whole pregnancy thing. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being pregnant, but I'm just SO ready for Parker to join us that each day I don't start having real contractions, I find myself more and more frustrated. Sure, I know she'll come when she's good and ready. And, yes, I know that we're not even to our EDD yet (which is Sunday, by the way)... but she's taking those practice breaths in utero and is already over 6 lbs. I think the bun in the oven is DONE!

We went to the OB today, and I had to visit with a doctor who wasn't my regular guy. He was totally dull, didn't laugh at any of my jokes and talked to me like I was an idiot. It totally made me love my OB that much more. In any case, the protein in the urine issue seems to have resolved itself, I gained 1lb since the previous week, my BP was 120/74 (which is again, high for me, but totally normal) and baby's HB was 149.

As far as progress, we're making none. I'm STILL dilated to "fingertip" and she's still "pretty high." Substitute OB said "I'd be surprised if she came this week." Uh, yeah, thanks. We have a sonogram scheduled for Monday morning to check her size and then a visit with our usual OB. I'm hoping we'll have a plan...*sigh* Testing my patience already, this kid!

No comments: